I set up my first blog today, and found these helpful sites that I would refer to in the future when blogging:
- 10 Super Awesome Insider Tips: First time blogging and want to make the most of it. WordPress presented me with these great tips on blogging, and will be referring to these often.
- 3 Ways to Create Highly Valuable Blog Content: With a full time and a part time job, I don’t have much time, so I want to make sure the content I input into this blog is concise, credible, and valuable. I came across Social Media Examiner, deemed as the world’s largest online social media magazine, which helps businesses use social media tools. In addition, they have been ranked in the past as a top 10 business blog by Technorati. Will be back here for more after having read this article.
- 21 Tactics to Increase Blog Traffic: Even though my goal in creating this blog is to learn more and track the resources I come across about starting your own startup, I hope it will help others in the process. So this article came from SEOmoz, they spend most of their time developing SEOmoz PRO, a complete set of software, tools, and resources to maximize your search engine optimization. Not only did this article catch my attention, but the fact that they are based out of Seattle; where I spent a year working with Amazon, and absolutely fell in love with the city. If you haven’t visited Seattle, put it on your bucket list as it’s a must experience – the environment, activities, people, and food are all great. As far as SEO, would love to master this skill for my future startup, and think this article has a lot of great information on increasing your blog traffic.
- How to Create an Inspired Blog Design: Seeing that I will be on here often, I want it to be appealing and reflect who I am. In accomplishing this, I’ve decided to incorporate an inspirational aspect to this blog first and foremost, while including my love of traveling (via the header image) – this month I’m featuring Venice, Italy. I went to Venice in the summer of 2008, and absolutely loved it! I love any European overseas experience as you’ll come to notice, but Venice provided the opportunity to experience life as a local, which is hard to come by in a different country. Featuring different travel spots I feel inspires people, as seeing something bigger than you, helps you think bigger psychologically. And attempting to accomplish such a feat as owning your startup – this mindset will help tremendously. Overall, I feel the referenced article brings up some good points to help in designing a blog.
- Technorati Top 100 Business Blogs: Seeing great work helps inspire you, gives you ideas, and shows you how you can improve your blog. In addition, if you want to see how these blogs became the top 100, check out Technorati Authority.
Even though I come from about 7 years worth of business experience, I’ve realized from seeing and working with others how starting your own startup/business is a whole different animal. I want to be as prepared as possible before I have the wonderful opportunity to execute this passion, and that’s why I’ve chosen to start tracking the valuable resources I come across that will help me and people like me accomplish our goals.
Look forward to blogging!